How can I reduce static in my hair?

Q: I love your hair wash, but I've noticed that my hair has more static since I started my detox. How can I reduce static in my hair?

A:

The majority of synthetic detergents are designed to have anti-static properties, so when you stop using detergent shampoos, you may experience some static electricity in the first few weeks. This will gradually disappear as you continue to use the mud wash.

Our advice:

1. Switch to wooden combs and brushes with natural or wooden bristles.
2. Avoid static-causing situations such as blow-drying your hair and wearing clothing made with synthetic fibers (petrochemical plastics such as nylon, polyester, acrylic, etc)
3. After washing your hair, rinse with a mixture of 1 part organic apple cider vinegar to 2 parts water.

More details may be found here: www.terressentials.com/hairhelp.html